Saturday, April 2, 2022

Your Value No Matter What

 My YouTube video this week is one that I made in January of 2020 right after I was horribly betrayed by someone I thought was my friend. 



July 29th, 2017, I was in a serious car wreck in Ohio. I had written a blog post at that time so you can go back and read all about it if you'd like. That wreck would change our lives forever in ways I didn't even know. 

After we got back, I was at work for three days and was fired. At that time I was the director of a day care center. I had done something wrong but I was shocked and deeply hurt by many people. 

Nine months later, May 6th, 2018, my husband left me, taking my two step-sons with him. I went from being a wife and mother to nothing. I'm not able to have kids of my own so those boys were loved like my own. 

You already know how I struggle with Borderline Personality Disorder and PTSD plus other things. 

In middle school and high school I was sexually harassed. In college there were some problems as well with harassment and other things.

I'm telling you all of this because I'm reaching out to those that question their value. I often question my value.

My name (Amanda) means worthy of love and I do NOT feel it.


I have put so much of my value in how people treat me and what people do to me or their response to me. In January of 2020, I was reminded I can't do that. It is too painful and it is wrong. My value doesn't come from other people and what they do and their actions. My value comes from one thing and one thing only...

And that is GOD.

God created you and me. That's where our value comes from and it can't change.

I was shown an illustration when I was going to a support group called Divorce Care. I want to share it.



If I had $100 dollar bill, it is $100. It was made to be $100. It's value is $100. I could fold it, crumple it up, step on it or even rip it in half but it's still worth $100. No matter what it's been through it's value is still $100. 

Same with you and me.

No matter what we've been through... If you deal with mental illness, been divorced, mentally manipulated or abused in some way or have diabetes or cancer or some other health issues, THAT doesn't matter. Your value comes from God. 

HE created YOU!

That's your value and it is AMAZING! He created you the way you are. Remember the $100 and remember your value. You are PRICELESS. He died for you!!!

THAT'S YOUR VALUE!



Email... mannas.musings@gmail.com

YouTube... https://youtu.be/D-vYdYY_pPM

No comments:

Post a Comment