Thursday, December 23, 2021

Tis the Season for HOPE

 Around 2010, I went through a series of tests to figure out some things with my mental health and other issues I was dealing with at the time. 

I had to remember words or items and repeat them a few minutes later. I had to say things backwards. They'd give me little puzzles to solve. Another part was filling out a survey of sorts where I'd fill in the little bubbles saying what I feel in different situations or answering different questions. The entire thing took at least three hours. It was very intense. BUT... the results were very interesting and worth it.

One side of this bar graph showed that my depression was so bad that I should have been in a hospital. The doctor was surprised that I wasn't. My depression was WAY below average. 

On the flip side...

(literally the opposite side of the graph)

It showed that my faith was extremely high. My faith.. my HOPE... was the reason that I was not hospitalized. It was WAY above average. 

My hope is in Christ. 

We celebrate Christ's birth this season. Why did Jesus come to Earth? Why did He come so humbly, meekly, fragile, fully dependent on His Earthly parents? 

He wasn't born in a golden crib. 

He was born in a manger... a feeding trough. 

WHY did He become man?

Jesus was born as a baby to die

His whole purpose was to die for us! 

Can you grasp that?

There are so many miraculous parts of Jesus' birth (I could spend a lot of time on each one) but really, it's about the cross.

I like the picture of a Christmas wreath symbolizing the season... but a crown of thorns representing the reason.



This is where our hope lies. Not hope like I hope for Legos for Christmas. But instead a deep trust of security. 

I hope IN Christ not FOR Christ.

My sister and I sang a song by Go Fish called It's About the Cross. I'm going to post the video on my Facebook page so feel free to check it out. (We do not own the rights to the song and the only recording is the one on my phone.)

I love the song because it talks about why Jesus was born and that "every drop of blood that flowed from Him when it should have been me." He was born so that He could die and rise again so that we can live and have hope in Him.

We don't have to do anything for this gift. It's a free gift from God. All you have to do is believe. Trust in Jesus Christ.

We don't know how long we have in this world. Crazy accidents and sudden deaths happen all the time. Accepting God's gift is a life or death decision. Please don't wait.

Once you put your trust in God, there is a new hope that we have. When Jesus ascended to Heaven, days after His resurrection, He promised He would come again. Those that put their faith and trust in Jesus are promised to live forever with Him.. whether we have already passed away or still alive when He comes. 

This season of Christmas reminds us that God came to Earth and lived among us. 

Don't forget the reason!

I hope you all enjoy Christmas, celebrating with family and friends and all that comes with it. 

Have a very Merry Christmas!!


PS... If you are curious about what I'm talking about.. putting your faith in God to have eternal life.. PLEASE don't hesitate another second to reach out to me. My email is mannas.musings@gmail.com.

Facebook... Amanda Cannon

Also check out my YouTube channel!! https://youtu.be/9NPyB5o-6Sg





No comments:

Post a Comment